An Oil To Gas Conversion Can Cut Your Cranbury, NJ Area Heating Bills
Do you have an oil-based heating system and wonder if converting to gas would be cheaper and more efficient? An oil to gas conversion is, indeed, a smart decision that will help you save on energy and oil costs in the long run in the Cranbury, NJ area.
RA Nichols’ Plumbing & Heating can quickly and efficiently convert your home to accommodate a gas heating system.
Repair For a Gas Furnace vs Oil Furnace
A gas furnace is a lot less complicated to repair and maintain than an oil one.
Repairing an oil furnace might involve:
- Hanging the filter
- Lubricating the burner motor
- Changing the nozzle
- Changing a broken wire
- Checking the draft re-ignition for soot buildup
- Cleaning the exhaust pipe
- Adjusting the heat anticipator
- Measuring the current and resetting it
- Replacing the boiler
Repair and maintenance of a gas furnace is usually much simpler. Other benefits of a gas furnace include:
- It is abundant and much cheaper than oil.
- Gas is more reliable and not subject to the wild price swings of oil.
- You will have no storage tank with a gas furnace.
- Oil can contaminate soil; you need no environmental cleanup with gas.
- Gas is clean burning, so you will not have the soot build up that you have now.
Steps For Oil to Gas Conversion
Here are the steps RA Nichols takes as reflected by the U.S. Energy Information Administration:
- Technicians will connect the meter to your heating plant.
- You chimney will be lined. Here you may receive a tax credit. Your chimney analysis is free!
- We will remove your old oil tank.
- You can choose the HVAC installation and heat converter that best suits your needs.
- Once the conversion is complete, we will conduct a thorough test on your system
You will save a lot of money. The U.S. Energy Information Administration estimates that you will save about $1,000 a year and will be able to recoup your investment in five years. Since 2002, the cost of oil went up 30% to 50%.
When taking all of these factors into consideration, especially the uncertainty of oil prices going forward, an oil to gas conversion is practical and cost effective.
Get Started With Your New Gas Furnace
You can count on your experienced technicians at RA Nichols Plumbing & Heating to provide professional oil to gas conversion services.
Call us at (609) 655-1073.