Sump Pump Installation, Replacement, Repair and Maintenance Services Available in Helmetta, Monroe, NJ and Surrounding Areas
Avoid Flooding in the Cranbury, NJ Area With a Sump Pump
Heavy rainwater can leave a flood in the basement of your Cranbury, NJ area home. A sump pump from R.A. Nichols Plumbing & Heating can help you avoid a mess from the next deluge. Our professional, trained and certified team of plumbers can provide fast and easy sump pump installation, repair & replacement.
Sump pumps help drive water from heavy rains, snow or flooding away from your home and prevent it from collecting in your basement.
Do I Need a Professional Installation?
You may be a great handyman and wish to install a sump pump on your own. While this is possible, sump pump projects can become complicated. You will need:
- Heavy Tools which you may not have access to.
- To know where utility lines are located, and avoid drilling or cutting into those lines.
- Familiarity with proper plumbing code, especially as municipality requirements change. (Many require that pumps be routed away from sanitary sewers, and hefty fines can be imposed against homeowners who fail to do so.)
We recommend investing in professional sump pump installations to ensure that the job will be completed according to code.
Sump Pump Installation Process
Our skilled and experienced plumbers will:
- Determine if a submersible or pedestal pump is needed
- Locate the appropriate utility lines and begin building the sump pit
- Determine the location of the discharge pipe and decide the best method of routing water away from your home
- Drill a hole in the floor for submersible sump pumps
- Install the liner and tub. The liner will be sealed in place, and we’ll make sure the installation is level with the floor
- Place the submersible pump in the pit, while the motor is placed underwater. A float valve will be visible through the water. As the water level rises, the pump is automatically activated.
The last steps involve connecting the discharge pipe to the pump, properly routing it outside the home, and then caulking and sealing the pipe.
Call Us Today for Your Sump Pump Needs!
R.A. Nichols Plumbing & Heating has won the Talk of the Town award for customer service for two years running! We offer upfront pricing, and our plumbers are always up to date on industry trends and advancements.